08 January 2013
Not quite fifty things then...
Some readers will recall I had the hair-brained idea of coming up with fifty things to do in this year of being fifty... well the truth is I just could not think of fifty things that I really wanted to do, and I couldn't see the point of adding loads of things just to make up the numbers. So here, in no particular order, are the things I have come up with...
- Go to the cinema once a month
- Climb Snowdon
- Climb Scafell
- Have afternoon tea at Betty's Harrogate
- Read a leisure book a month
- Fly a kite on a beach or headland (ht Tim Presswood)
- As a concession to all things girlie, the only one I plan to make, have a professional manicure (I have an event in mind for which this might be appropriate)
- Write and deliver a conference paper at the 'Baptist Doing Theology' conference
- Learn to play, properly, at least one piano work from among the stuff I already have
- Raise funds for a local charity in Glasgow which was founded by The Gathering Place and it's 'mother church'
- Help my kid brother mark his fiftieth next autumn!
The plan is, by writing them down I am more likely to do them, as I have some sort of accountability.
Actually I could make fifty different cupcake designs... ;-)