As a 'way in' to our service, we had a little quiz, undertaken in groups where we sat, on the life of Joseph. It proved very interesting (and I think it went down OK). No Bibles or smart phones were allowed, but as I'm not going to post the answers, you, gentle reader, are free to look in a Bilbe or online!. (Apologies for formatting having fun and games with this platform!)
Joseph ben Israel – A Quiz
- Who were Joseph’s father and mother?
- The Bible tells us that Joseph had eleven brothers and one (named) sister, listed here in alphabetical order. It would be a bit mean to ask you to sort the siblings into age order from oldest to youngest, but can you identify the first, eleventh, twelfth and thirteenth?
- How old does the Bible tell us Joseph was when he had the dreams that so angered his brothers?
- After Potiphar’s wife had Joseph thrown into prison, whose dreams did he interpret?
- How old does the Bible tell us Joseph was when entered the service of Pharaoh?
- What dreams did Joseph interpret for Pharaoh?
- In whose luggage did Joseph hide a silver cup, and why?
- What characteristics do you think Joseph had, both good and bad?