I know that there are some readers of this stuff who value any resources that I share, so, over this sumer, I'll post the 'to ponder' material from each Sunday, in case anyone finds it useful or helpful.
Last Sunday as we began our series on 'Teams' we looked first at the gifts God hs given us, and the gifts/roles we need in our church. Here (hopefully) is what I offered as a first set of questions 'to ponder'...
Look at this list of gifts which are identified in the Bible, and think about, or discuss, any of the questions that follow…
- Which of these gifts do I think I have?
- Which gifts do I have that are not on this list?
- Which gifts on this list puzzle or worry me?
- How does this list compare with what is needed in our church?
- How am I using my gifts in our Church?
- How does this list compare with what is needed in the wider world?
- How am I using my gifts in my everyday life?
- Are there gifts or skills I would like to cultivate, and what will I do about that?
- Are there gifts I feel are somehow ‘better’ or ‘lesser’ than others? Why?
- Do I feel ‘inferior’ or ‘superior’ to others and why is this?
- How can I learn to value myself, and others, as we are valued by God?
- To whom should I speak a word of encouragement today?